- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 100 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 30, 2018
Prep time: 10 min
cooking time: 1 h 40 min
Cannot be frozen
3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed to a paste 1 tbsp honey
1 lemon, juiced
4 lb whole chicken trimmed and tied
1 curly leaf lettuce, leaves separated
freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Preheat a grill or barbecue to a moderately hot temperature; it should range between 180-200°C | 350-400°F.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, honey, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto the chicken. Season the inside of the chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil the grates of the grill with a little olive oil. Place the chicken onto the grill, breast side facing down, and cover with a lid. Cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, flip the chicken and cook until the thickest part of the thigh registers at least 74°C | 165°F on a meat thermometer, about 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and leave to rest, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of curly leaf lettuce.