- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 25 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 30, 2018
Prep time: 15 min
cooking time: 25 min
chilling time: 1 h
Cannot be frozen
1 large cauliflower, prepared into small florets
4 ripe nectarines, crosses scored in their skins
2 vine tomatoes, cored with crosses scored in their skins 1 1/2 cups crème fraîche
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/2 lemon, juiced
2/3 – 7/8 cup hot water, plus extra as needed
8 black olives, pitted, with four cut in half
oregano sprigs, to garnish
freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender to the tip of a knife, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and add to a food processor. Pulse a few times until finely chopped.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice and enough of the hot water to make a coating consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour about one-third of the mixture into a small bowl, stirring in enough of the remaining hot water to reach a pouring consistency. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add the cauliflower to the large mixing bowl and stir well to coat. Cover and chill until needed.
- Blanch the nectarines and tomatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 seconds. Drain well and refresh immediately in iced water.
- Drain again and pat dry. Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally and set aside.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove their pits. Dice four of the nectarine halves and add to the cauliflower, stirring well to incorporate.
- Arrange metal ring molds on serving plates and fill with the cauliflower mixture, packing down with the back of a tablespoon.
- Sit the nectarine halves on top, followed by the tomato halves and a black olive. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, pour the prepared sauce carefully around the terrines. Garnish with the black olives halves and oregano sprigs before serving.