- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- 8 people
- Meal course
- Soup & Stew
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 28, 2018
Delicious Beef Stew anyone will surely enjoy! (Serves 8)
2 pounds stewing beef (trimmed and cubed)
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
6 cups beef broth
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 pound potatoes (peeled and cubed)
4 carrots (cut into 1 inch pieces)
4 celery stalks (cut into 1 inch pieces)
3/4 cup peas
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss beef in flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot. Cook the beef and onions in the until browned.
- Add red wine and beef stock while scraping up any brown bits in the pan.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except for peas, cornstarch and water. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender (up to 90 minutes).
- Mix equal parts cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Slowly add the slurry to the boiling stew until it reaches the desired consistency. (You may not need all of the slurry).
- Stir in peas and simmer for 5-10 more minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.