For most of us, eating well also means spending a whole lot of money to satisfy your stomach. Sometimes it gets pretty difficult to manage money while spending so much on food but then again, you have to eat! So how do you set your planner in a way to satisfy both your wallet and your stomach? It’s easy really, all you have to do is follow these instructions and you’ll be good to go:
• Make a menu- This means that you can plan what you want to eat beforehand. You can do this by noting down your meals for the next week and following that. This helps to keep your budget in check as well as saving up your time in deciding later on.
• Your grocery list- One of the problems we all face is that we make a grocery list but as soon as we enter the store, we forget the list and buy everything in sight. Also, keep in mind: DON’T GO INTO THE SNACKS SECTION! The temptation will lead you to buy something you don’t need.
• Don’t shop with an empty stomach- This is important! When you’re hungry, everything seems to look tasty which is why if you go shopping at that time, you’ll probably end up buying things you don’t even need just because they appeal to you in the moment.
• Vegetables are cheaper- That doesn’t mean you should go vegan, just try buying more vegetables rather than poultry products. This healthier alternative will keep your body as well as your wallet very happy.
• Shop better- Look for sales and if you’re buying poultry then make sure you buy cheap cuts rather than ones that’ll cost you.
Try these tips and see a drastic change and remember, you can eat well as well as mange your budget.